Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Zack's Birthday Party!

What a year it has been! One year ago today I was admitted into the hospital for severe toxemia (which ended up being HELLP syndrome), and was told that I was going to have my baby either that night or the next morning. A year later, with a crazy, crazy year behind me, I planned Zack's birthday party!!
On Saturday we had our family's over for a pool party to celebrate Zack turning one! It was such a fun day. Swimming, food, cake and ice cream, and just having fun together. Perfect!
Lately, I can't stop thinking about how much has happened over the past year... and that a whole year has past. I truely can remember details as if they happened last week.
Zack's year has consisted of being "out of the house" (able to go to stores, restaurants, etc.) for the past 3 months, in the hospital for his first 3 months, and then in our house for the other 6 months! Wow!
We have so much to be grateful for!! What a fun and energetic little boy we have. We love you Zack... Happy Birthday!!!

5 comments:

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I was just thinking driving home the other day about how he was going to be one. Can't believe it. Time flies huh? What a fun birthday party. Lookd like he had a blast.

Maria said...

What a great party! Sorry we couldn't make it!!! How great that you made it this far! We love you guys! Congrats.

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

It was a great party!! I can't believe it's been a whole year either. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACK

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACK! What a cutie!! I cannot believe he is already a year old..you guys have had quite the year but I'm sure you agree it was well worth all the stress, and doctor appointments. LOOOVE the cake what a cute mom to make him that, I know that couldn't have been easy.

kristi said...

One year!! WOW!! What a cute kid. And whoever made the cake did a GREAT job. We sure need to get together soon. Our life has calmed down CONSIDERABLY now so let's get together!