Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

We started out our day by running the Kaysville 5K. What an achievement for me!!! I decided as we were training for the run, that I don't enjoy running like I want too, but I have always wanted to run a race. But I was so happy when I crossed that finish line.

After that we went with Jared's family to the Kaysville parade. That was a lot of fun for the kids because they threw out so many things... candy, beads, and even stuffed animals (Zack got a special one!)

Then we went with my family for a picnic and swimming. Perfect weather for that! Then we went to my grandma's house for a BBQ and fireworks. It was nice to get together with so much family on one of my favorite holidays.

2 comments:

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Way to go on the running! I have always wanted to as well but just never liked running. Sounds like you had a busy day but hopefully it was fun.

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

Man, he is so cute! I love those pics. Looks like you had a fun 4th. Congrats on the 5k!