Thursday, March 24, 2011

Eye surgery #4 and #5

Well, I'm back into the surgery mode apparently! I knew that I would have another surgery to have the silicon oil removed and an artificial lens put in, but I didn't know that I would be back for another one in a week and a half!
So #4 surgery went well. I went in for that one on March 11th. I asked the doctor before surgery if I would be finally able to see out of my left eye and he told me not for awhile. So I expected not to see anything.
I went in for the usual one week appointment after surgery, and the doctor came into the office and asked if I could see anything out of my eye. When I told him no, and that it was completely black now, he said that wasn't a good thing. Needless to say, that's where I ended up back in surgery less than a week later, on March 23rd, for a detached retina.
The dr. also told me that he has only seen 2 other people have to have the oil put back in their eye, and I was the third. Yay for my odds, right?!
So at this point, all we can do is wait and 'see' if it will work. Ugh.

0 comments: