Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving


Since we are dealing with RSV season and Zack can't be around big groups, for Thanksgiving this year Jared and I just had our own little feast at home! We had all the usual foods including the turkey! I must say I am especially proud of how it turned out. With a lot of help from Jared, this turkey was the juiciest and most moist turkey I have ever had. (If you are wondering how it was that way, we did a brine...) Anyway, we had a great Thanksgiving, just the 3 of us!! And to top off the day, Zack gave me the official first smile! What more could I be thankful for?!

THEN onto BLACK FRIDAY!!! My mom and sister's and I like to consider ourselves "professionals" when it comes to this day! Without going into too much detail, just to show you how great we are, we got to Kohl's at 3:30AM, doors opened at 4:00AM, we were out by 4:12AM. Then onto Sears which opened at 5:00AM, we were out by 5:10AM. Then to Target (Absolutely insane this year!! Busiest ever!). Doors opened at 6:00AM and we were out by 6:15AM! Hands down, one of the best years...

3 comments:

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I am glad your little family had fun. Good job on keeping that little boy healthy during RSV season! Although we all want to see him we want him to be healthy. I admire your black friday shopping. I thought I might try it this year but then didn't even get a chance to look through the ads. So there went that idea. Maybe next year. So are you done Christmas shopping then?

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

I would have to say that we are professionals! And I am very proud of your turkey meal, it looks great. I don't think I would ever have the courage to do that myself.

Maria said...

Allie-
your dinner looks amazing! I could never do that. Also, I was thinking of you on the day after. Wondering what finds you found!
glad you had fun!