Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am feeling great!!

I have been working out now since about September, and I am feeling so good!! A neighbor of mine has been so awesome to give me a routine to follow, and I can't tell you how much that has helped me. It also helps a TON to have another neighbor come with me to the gym, Mon-Fri at 5:00AM!
Anyway, I am not saying this all to brag. Because if you know me, you know that things like working out and eating right all of the time are just not me!
But the reason for this post is because I was able to run for 20 minutes straight on the treadmill this morning!! I have never been able to run for that long in my life... and before this, I only pushed myself to 12 minutes. I feel like I accomplished something big today, only because I didn't think I had it in me. **Now side note, I know this doesn't sound like a long period of time to run in a row if you are a runner, but let's just say I told my neighbor when she started coming with me that I would rather die than get on the treadmill!!** So yay for me today!

3 comments:

Hall Family said...

I am very impressed. I can't even watch runners because they make me tired. I guess it's time for me to stop using my treadmill as a second closet.

kristi said...

WOW Allie - I'm REALLY proud of you! That is HUGE!! 20 minutes straight on a treadmill is quite the accomplishment. Don't apologize to all those runners out there... just be proud of what you've done. That is HUGE!!!!!!!!

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

GOOD FOR YOU, YOU LOOK GREAT!