Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter


So I LOVE coloring Easter eggs. It could very well be one of my favorite things to do in life (I don't know why though!). So Saturday morning Jared and I colored our eggs. We decided this year that we would only do one dozen eggs (in the past, I have done a dozen by myself... and then some!). Anyway, I kept making colors, so we ended up with 8 colors for 12 eggs... duh! I always try to see how dark I can get my eggs to go, and the one that "won" this year, ended up changing colors completely when it dried! The purple looked almost black when I pulled it out, now it looks like this... it really has a metalic look to it! Don't ask me how that happened!!
On Easter morning, we exchanged Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny! Jared and Zack got matching plaid shorts with white polo shirts. Then Zack got some sunglasses and sandals (mostly for our upcoming trip to Cali next week!) and Jared got some new socks, shampoo, and candy!
Zack playing in my Easter basket

That night, we went to Jared's parent's house for dinner. They had an Easter egg hunt, and Zack LOVED it! He had no idea what was going on, but Jared was running with him in the backyard and he couldn't stop smiling!

The Fam before church


It was also Zack's first official day going to church. We did alright, but man it's a difference having a baby with you! But, we survived the first time!

Zack before his first day at church


What a fun first Easter with Zack!

4 comments:

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Those are some impressive easter eggs. Glad Zack had fun easter egg hunting and I am jelous you to go on a vacation next week. I bet you are excited. Love his easter outfit too. So fun to dress them up!

The Doutts said...

Awesome eggs! And darling family! Holidays are great! Have a fun vacation, we're going to St George next week.

kitty kay said...

Oh man, I wish I could have seen that Easter egg hunt! Thanks for the deets about your "egg gone wrong." It made me chuckle just a bit. I sure wish I was going on vakay with you. If you change your mind....

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

I love your eggs! And I love how cute Zack looks all ready for church. You will have to give me tips about taking a baby to church.